Do you have a relationship with play? Do you integrate time to play into your life around work and rest? Or does play feel elusive or like a luxury? If it does, you’re not alone.
So many of us are weary and weighed down, trying to stay afloat while keeping up with life, work, and being engaged citizens. And we live in a culture that continues to prioritize work and productivity over play and rest. But building a relationship with play can be an antidote to toxic hustle productivity. And play can help quiet the noise in our minds and temporarily distract us from our burdens, leaving us in a better place to come back and tackle them.
Listen to the full episode to hear:
- Why Gary defines play as an accelerant
- How we become play-deprived and how that contributes to burnout
- Why adults need to reclaim play and rebel against productivity culture
- Tips for bringing play into your work life and enlivening meetingss
- Why play needs to be an invitation and you can’t just book a rope course
- Three major barriers to play and their antidotes
- How to find micro-moments of play and rest in your day