When your schedule is jam packed, it can be difficult to carve out time for self-care and rest, but it’s those very things that seem optional that we need the most. This week, episode 131 of the Positively Living Podcast is about managing stress through rest and play!
In this episode of the Positively Living Podcast, my guest Gary Ware shares the science and stories that support why you need to welcome rest and play into your life and he gives you actionable steps to incorporate rest and play so you can actually increase your creativity, confidence, and productivity.
We cover the following topics:
- Why we sometimes avoid play even though it is so critical in our lives.
- The ways in which play connects to rest and how we can incorporate different types of rest and play to manage the stress we have and promote the productivity we want.
- The three different types of rest (it’s not just one!) and how they all play a part in our overall well-being.
- Establishing a power down ritual to increase your quality of sleep even if you can’t increase your quantity of sleep.
- Using the powerful “when/ then” statement that will help even the rebels trigger a response to take a break.
Rest and play are personal and need to be customized. It’s about what brings you joy, rejuvenates you, and makes you feel your best.
Learn more about Positively Living and Lisa at https://positivelyproductive.com/podcast/
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
(Find links to books/gear on the Positively Productive Favorites Page.)
Microsoft Study: Research Proves Your Brain Needs Breaks
What Got You Here Won’t Get You There (Marshall Goldsmith)
Play (Stuart Brown)
Music by Ian and Jeff Zawrotny
Start your own podcast with Buzzsprout!