saving money is no different. If you want to get over the money saving hump start small. Those little wins will add up, and before you know it you will be in the groove and it wont feel like such a chore. Below are 4 easy ways to save money on a daily basis.
1. Prepare AheadThink about your day before it starts. Whether you plan your day the night before, or over coffee in the morning it is important to have a plan of what you will do. Having a list will help you get everything done in the most efficient way. A list will also help you not forget something, so that you don’t have to make the trip twice. If you have errands to run, plan out your day so that you are not wasting gas running back and forth. Choose to stay home when you can. You will save money just by staying home. Planning your day out before you start, can help you be prepared for your meals. Less meals while on the run, the more money you will save. Plan to pack a small lunch with you if you are going to work, or if you are running errands. You don’t want to be tempted to buy your meal, when you can just eat what you already have.
2. Saving on GasNot only preparing your transportation route will help you save money, but keeping the car at home will help too. Do you drive to the bus stop to pick up the kids? Walk to the bus stop. Walk to the local store if it is not too far. Check around for gas sales and only fill up your tank on those special days.
3. Cutting Electric Bill CostsMake sure you turn off the lights, fans, etc. Make a game out of it and ask your children to help. Tell them what your bill is per month and tell them you want to see if you can make it cost less money. Kids will love the challenge and it will help them learn the value of saving money.
4. Other Areas
- Depending on the season turn your thermostat up or down a few degrees. Each degree means saving money.
- Eat leftovers! Do not let them sit in your refrigerator. Eat them the next day.
- Washing clothes! Wash your clothes in cold water. If you can hang up your clothes to dry, that is better than running the drier.
- Fill your dishwasher up completely before you run it. Running it several times a day cost more money.
- Paying your bills on time will save you money on added fees. Always plan to pay them a few days early in case something comes up the day the bill is due.