“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. -Dr. Martin Luther King”
Today we talk with Zerbin Singleton, Captain of the US Marine Corps. Zerbin has had a rough upbringing and had to overcome a lot to be the man he is today. He recalls his journey on the show today, and gives the BTC listeners tips on how to keep going when you don’t think you have much to live for.
From this episode, you will learn:
- How he managed to overcome obstacles in all the stages of his life.
- How he kept on going after he almost not make it to the Naval Academy.
- Learn about Zerbin’s acronym that he lives his life by: “You can go F.A.R.”
- How to have the right mindset when setting a goal: believing you can get far and be limitless.
- How his mentors kept him out or trouble.
- How to make bad experiences as a learning experience to be better.
Links and Resources
- 2nd Annual NNOA Scholarship Fundraiser Golf Tournament
- Learn how to go F.A.R.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of San Diego County
Get in touch with Zerbin
Thanks For Listening
Thanks for tuning into the podcast! If you have found this episode valuable, please consider leaving me an honest review in iTunes.
Udemy is the world’s online learning marketplace, where 3 million+ students are taking courses in everything from programming to yoga to photography–and much, much more. Save $$$ on your next Udemy course: Use code LEARNANDSAVE-75 at checkout to save 75% through October 31, 2014
Disclaimer: All opinions expressed by Mr. Zerbin Singleton are his own and posting this interview in no way reflects those of the United States Marine Corps