“Fall in love with life and drink from the fountain.” – Butthole Surfers
Lisa focuses on helping people with career development which naturally leads into working on personal development.
In this conversation we talk a lot about the impact of comedy, specifically what improv comedy can do to help you in your personal development. Lisa learned about the comedy at a time when she was trying to grow in her career. What it all boils down to is helping you succeed when it comes time to interview or build relationships with people.
The really cool part is we run through a couple of improv exercises. You are not going to want to miss this!
What We Will Reveal
- How the principles of improvisation can help you with business and personal development.
- How limitations can lead to breakthrough ideas.
- Improv exercises that will help you prepare for interviews.
- Techniques that will help you network better
- Just start dipping your toe the water… simply taking the smallest action needed to actually take action.
Lisa Cummings focuses on helping people with career development through her website and podcast.
She has spent many years in the corporate world (earning $100k+) as well as on the entrepreneur side (also earning $100k). That being said she can speak with perspective on both sides and has helped many people see that the 6 figure salary seems in reach.
Links & Resources
- Remember the Milk
- Lisa on Happen To Your Career Podcast
- Unstuck: 52 Ways to Get (and Keep) Your Creativity Flowing at Home, at Work & in Your Studio: Noah Scalin
- Plays Well With Others: Les McGehee
- BTC 07: Making Your Best Better with Jason Womack
Get in touch with Lisa:
- Lisa’s Twitter
- Pinch Yourself Careers Website
- Pinch Yourself Careers Twitter
- Pinch Yourself Careers Facebook
- Career Q&A Podcast
Thanks For Listening
Thanks for tuning into the podcast! If you have found this episode valuable, please consider leaving me an honest review in iTunes.
Finally don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes or Stitcher to get automatic updates.